Alright. I confess I received a $30 voucher to spend on Menulog to trial the online system of payment beforehand and delivery at any restaurant. Seven Kings Pizzeria was the best value for money for $29, which includes delivery. Yes, you’ll have a chance to win one of 2 $10 Menulog vouchers at the end of the post!
“Menulog is No.1 For Online Takeaway in Australia with features such as:
- ability to ORDER FOOD ONLINE at 3500+ restaurants around Australia
- a quick and easy SEARCH to help YOU find your favourite restaurant
- the widest range of SPECIAL OFFERS and DISCOUNTS
- ability to view most popular and top rated venues in our USER RATINGS section as voted by your peers”
With all this technology making us a lazier nation, I don’t blame the 35,000 on board on Menulog. It’s smart, convenient and online. This post will outline Menulog’s website process.
2. Because this blog is all about specials, discounts and coupons… my first point of contact was the ‘Meal Deal’ tab on the left hand side. It’s not automatically ticked so get on it!
3. I landed on a few restaurants and decided to check them out by looking at the reviews.
4. I went through the list of delicious pizzas! I chose Deal C: 2 Large Traditional Pizzas, which made my pizza choice easier because they charged more for the gourmet toppings. I used to work in a pizzeria and honestly.. it could take up to an hour to choose your right topping. #firstworldproblems. You also had to select the suburb you were wanting to order to and either it was ‘delivery’ or ‘pick up’ as well. So I selected the pizzas I wanted..
5. Then proceeded to check out. I had to put my address, email, mobile phone number. I quite liked the drop-down menu for the street names just in case it would be spelt incorrectly!
6. The funny thing is that the next screen was keying in your card details. Why is it funny? Usually the number of screens is at a minimum so it takes less time for someone to change their mind! haha.. (sorry, I’m kinda into this tech thing so I’m slightly critical)
7. Key in your details and voila!
8. Screenshot to say that its been processed. Easy. Very easy compared to the PayPal app.. urgh.
9. The restaurant, Seven Kings Pizzeria – Dundas Valley, sent me a text at 4:30 to notify that they received my order. I called them back because I wanted to double check and see if they could delivery somewhere else.. the guy was really nice!
10. 6:15 came and the delivery was on time. Ok, it was probably 5 minutes late but they didn’t mean a great deal to me because we ended up changing the address.
11. I got the supreme with ham, cabanossi, mushroom, capsicum, onion & pineapple. Pizza Party’s always need a supreme in the mix! Delicious and still hot!!
12. Capricciosa was the second of my choices with ham, mushroom, capsicum and olives. I mean, it was pretty standard gourmet pizza with a nice thin base. I worked at a pizzeria for 2.5 years? but we never did delivery so I’m giving this a clear pass!
13. Bellies full! Yum! Thanks Seven Kings Pizzeria for delivering to a suburb not specified! I couldn’t believe that it was free for orders over $20 only!!
Review Rating: =D =) =| =(
Product (Menulog Website): =)
Would I recommend ordering on Menulog online to a friend? If you’re having some mates over or if you’re having a bad day, this is not a bad option. To be honest, I was trolling through the website for a good half an hour before deciding which restaurant I wanted to order from simply because I wanted the best meal deal in my area.
Highlight:I love how you can type in your suburb in the first screen. It’s not a ‘Let’s Log-in’ -and-grab-all-your-details-for-our-database. Yes it is, but in a nicer way. I loved the ‘Meal Deal’ tab on the side, and that you could choose your cuisine. It’s kinda like Seek, but with food. The navigation is clear and simple and not overcrowded. It’s also fantastic how they have incorporated the reviews. Urbanspoon is more about the food, but the reviews I’m reading are more about the delivery time, freshness of food, the food and the people. It brings customer service to a whole new tech level!
Suggestion of Improvement: Ok, I have a second confession – I am a PayPal Pioneer, which means that I’m also trialling the PayPal app. I once ordered from that app and I got an automated SMS saying that the ice cream I ordered would take 45 minutes. WOW. This system is much better in that the restaurant themselves send out the texts (I’m not too sure if it was only Seven Kings Pizzeria that does this, but I’m assuming based on my one experience) then it is much more reliable. I think it would’ve been better if the restaurant gives a call to the customer’s number directly immediately after they’ve received the order. It’s just better and personal confirmation. Also, I couldn’t order at a few restaurants because their opening hours were from 5pm. I’m super organised and I always order well ahead of time just in case something happens. I know there’s a tab on the site but it would’ve been better if we could pre-order from all restaurants or have a separate tab? I rang a couple of restaurants and they were saying that they were having technical problems with Menulog so it would be best if we could call them instead..
The Walking Advertisement viewers are invited to win 1 of 2 $10 Menulog vouchers. Enter via Rafflecopter below